Tournament Rules & Details
|• All Florida fishing and boating laws apply.
• No wading. Must fish from the boat.
• Total weight of 2 Redfish up to 27” using a tail pincher. Fish will be declared alive on the measuring board. All efforts should be made to keep fish in healthy condition one dead redfish may be weighed with a 1/2 pd penalty.
• All fish must be caught by hook, line, rod, and reel.
• Shot gun start at 7:30 A.M. @ Marker 99. Boats must check in prior to the shotgun with the Committee boat before departure.
• Teams must return to the weigh in by 4:00 pm and obtain a key float with their boat number from tournament staff at the end of the fuel dock in the RumRunners Marina basin. If you don’t have a key float by 4:00 pm, your team will be considered late and no late boats will be considered eligible to weigh in. Weigh station opens at 1:00.
• No angler substitutions.
There will be one dead redfish allowed to be weighed with a 1/2 lb penalty, 2 dead redfish will result in disqualification.
No dead snook is permitted in the Calcutta and fish must be pronounced alive on the measuring board.
No angler at anytime may alter any fish by length with the intention of gaining advantage over another competing team. This includes prior to, during, or after the scheduled tournament day. In addition, no angler may hand or force feed any tournament fish. In addition, no team may enter a mutilated or altered redfish regardless of whether the redfish was caught in that condition. Tails previously trimmed are not allowed.
• In the event of a mechanical breakdown, teams are allowed to use commercial assistance towing companies in order to return to the weigh in. For example: (SeaTow) However, once the commercial assistance company renders assistance lines are out of the water and teams cannot continue fishing.
• Polygraph testing is mandatory. All teams are subject to a polygraph test. Denial of taking a polygraph test is grounds for immediate disqualification from the tournament
Weighmaster Wayne Dutton (239) 229-2017
-Saturday, September 2nd Agenda-
Total Weight, Live Release ~ 2 Redfish~Boats in the water at 7:30 for a shotgun start. Also, while the anglers are in the water feel free to invite the rest of your family & friends to come on over for The Flats kids Fishing tournament (Sponsored by Cape Coral First United Methodist Church,) and Ronald McDonald luncheon from 10:00am-1:00pm at RUMRUNNERS. Kids will have the opportunity to have lunch with Ronald McDonald as well as the opportunity to win great prizes; surely a must do event for all the Florida kids who love to fish or would love to learn how. Children must be pre-registered for fishing.
Contact Josh Bevington @ 239-848-8998
The weigh-in will close at 4:00pm giving everyone the opportunity to take some time to get their boats cleaned up and meet back at the air conditioned Boat House at Cape Harbour. The awards dinner & auction will begin at 6:30. This isn’t your average awards banquet either; it will include an upscale dinner, open bar and Surf & Turf.
Thank you so much for your sponsorship, your participation and your continued support of The Flats Invitational Redfish Challenge, anything you can do to help is sincerely appreciated.